Monday 9 January 2012

Where Blades Fail Wheels Speak


(This is short but at least I got my feelings out there.)
After falling enterily on my a** after being told that I could not do what I love just because I am a woman, I had to find an outlet. Hockey was brutal for me but I had done my best to see that every bit of my passion for the sport was put into play. Nope, this chick is going to be 18 this year, no women in American Hockey. TOO BAD! I was bitter and angry which only fueled the fire more than before. Hopefully I found my outlet. Altough being an ice skater, roller skating has proven to be very difficult, it's not the same as ice, nor inline skates, it's actually quite the challenge. Hopefully the chicks and dudes in the roller derby here will be down with teaching this ex-hockey jock how to ride on pavement. I hope this goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment